Approve means authorization. It allows users who hold tokens to authorize a certain amount to a specified account by calling the Approve method, giving the account the right to freely spend the Token within the quota. If authorized to malicious accounts, then authorized assets will be extremely risky.
At the beginning of this tutorial, please click the below link to know more about Approve.
1. Open TokenPocket APP, choose the wallet network in the Assets page first, enter [DeBank] or [https://debank.com/] in the search bar to get into DeBank DApp, choose the wallet address you need to connect, click the [Approval] button below and enter the page of approval.
Attention: DeBank doesn’t support TRON Approve Management now, please refer to the tutorial on canceling TRON's malicious approval operation at the bottom of this article.
2. Take BSC wallet address as an example, the wallet balance is on the page of Approval, Token exposure is the total value of the tokens. Click on the small triangle next to the price, and the relevant approval information of the token will appear:
Contract: the DApp/contract you have approved;
Approved amount: “Infinite” means that is unlimited approval, allowing all the token balance to be controlled by the DApp/contract;
Risk expo.: the amount of the approved token.
3. If your wallet address has not undergone any approval, it will show you [No results];
4. Click [...] on the right, click [Cancel approval] to pay the miner fee required to cancel the approval. At this point, you have completed the operation of canceling the approval.
----TRON APPROVAL MANAGEMENT----
1. Open [https://tronscan.io/#/], and then enter your wallet address and enter the page of “Account”, click [Approval] and you can check the approval;
2. In the [Apprvoal List], you can check the approval;
3. Click [Cancel], since TRON needs to use the TronLink to cancel approval, please follow the TronLink guidelines after clicking to cancel approval.
4. How to confirm the malicious approval address?
Malicious approval addresses have the following characteristics:
1. Unknown airdrop lure;
Open an approved address, click [Token Balances], and click a token at any point; and then click [Token Transfer];
In some transfers, the thief will attach a note and use the airdrop as bait to allow you to exchange it through a third-party DApp. This is the most common way to obtain user approval, please take care! ! Don't believe in any airdrops from unknown sources!
2. Approved address to issue multiple tokens of same types；
After checking the approved address, it was found that multiple TRC10 tokens issued by this address are as follows:
There are so many TRC10 tokens that cannot be exchanged in Swap. They must be used for other purposes. Click on the tokens one by one to get the following content, the answer is obvious.
Note: In addition, there is also a scammer who uses a fake payment interface to transfer money with users, and uses Approve to achieve the purpose of stealing money. Therefore, you must be cautious in dealing with others.